- Handicap - the number of strokes that you are given by
an established handicapping system that, when
subtracted from your "gross score", or the totaled score
on your scorecard, results in a "net score", reflecting how
well you played the game compared to past results.
- Bogey Rating - the USGA's evaluation of the playing
difficulty of a course for the "Bogey Golfer". A male
"Bogey Golfer" plays to about a 20 Handicap Guide and a
female "Bogey Golfer" has about a 24 Handicap Guide.
This is often a better indicator of the difficulty of a course
for you, unless you are near a "scratch" golfing ability.
- Cookies - a small piece of data that is used as a feature
of internet browsers that allows some information to be
passed from page to page. Turning cookies on is
recommended for using this site.
- Course Handicap Table - The conversion chart that
moves one from their personal Handicap Guide to the
number of strokes they are to net off their gross score - at
a particular golf course and set of tees.
- Fairway % - The percentage of drives one has had in the
Fairway, as opposed to the Right or Left of the Fairway.
- GIR - Greens In Regulation - The percentage of times a
person has made it to the Green in 2 under Par.
- Handicap Guide - Very similar to the USGA's registered
term "Handicap Index". It identifies how well a person does
relative to the game of golf.
- Handicap Leveling - Very similar to the USGA's
trademarked term "Equitable Stroke Control". Handicap
leveling keeps a person's Handicap Guide from artificially
escalating due to a few bad holes.
- HCP% - The percentage that any Golf Group on
OurGolfStats.com chooses to allow for handicap
calculations. For example 90% or 100% of handicap
possible net calculations. The default is 96%, but each
Group can modify this as they wish.
- HCP Rounds - The number of "best" rounds from a
golfers "last" rounds that a Golf Group on OurGolfStats.
com chooses to use to determine a member's current
Handicap Guide. The default is the best 10 rounds of the
last 20 rounds, but each Group is able to modify this to
suit their needs. For example, 6 of 6 would result in the
Handicap Guides using all scores, but only over the last 6
- Par 3 Average - A player's average score on Par 3 holes.
- Par 4 Average - A player's average score on Par 4 holes.
- Par 5 Average - A player's average score on Par 5 holes.
- Putts per Round - The average number of putts one has
used in the history of their rounds.
- Renewal Date - The date that annual fees for use of
OurGolfStats.com is due for the year.
- Sand Save % - The percentages of times one has "saved
par" after being in a sand trap.
- Tees - You can set on the Schedule, tees for Men,
Women, Seniors, Juniors, Championship, and / or By
Handicap. "By Handicap" allows you start people on
different tees based on their handicap rating, rather than
sex or age. Leave in the Announcement section of your
group's personal home page - how you want to split the
tees by handicap range.
- Trends - A review of how a player's statistics have
changed over time.
- Virtual Scorecard - A scorecard for each course that
facilitates tracking the various golf stats that are available
for you on our site - printable from OurGolfStats.com.